Surfers against sewage rallied over 3500 volunteers, cleaned 130 beaches and removed 25 tonnes of litter, this is all brilliant news and we should all be proud.
Here is some fascinating statistics from surfers against sewage on the work that they and the volunteers achieved.
- 130 – The number of beaches cleaned by Surfers Against Sewage volunteers.
- 3,500 – SAS Big Spring Beach Clean volunteers.
- 25,000 – Kilograms of marine litter removed by SAS volunteers.
- 260 - Volunteers at Perranporth in Cornwall. A Big Spring Beach Clean record!
- 3.5 - Tonnes of marine litter removed from Perranporth in Cornwall. An SAS record for one single beach clean!
- 100 - Or more volunteers at 10 of the SAS Big Spring Beach Cleans!
- 28 – The average number of volunteers per SAS Big Spring Beach Clean.
- 500 – Kilograms or more marine litter were removed at 6 SAS Big Spring Beach Cleans.
- 1000s - Of Sewage Related Debris items reported at all Big Spring Beach Cleans.